Reports to: CTO
Job Overview: The Reporting Tax Associate will be responsible for the financial reporting of all country financial activities
– Responsible for the preparation of monthly subsidiary management accounts: including the
underlying steps of:
– Isolating each project account for subsidiaries with multiple projects
– Reporting based on suitable international accounting standards
– Providing of commentary for the subsidiary accounts
– Special analysis as may be required from time to time
– Handles treasury reporting which includes cash analysis and forecasting
– Manage the process for the computation, recognition and remittance of all taxes (corporate income tax – current and deferred, withholding tax and VAT) and other statutory obligations and ensure the compliance with the relevant regulations.
– Manage all tax audits with the relevant tax authorities-FIRS & LIRS
– Support the Country Head of Finance and provide Corporate Support on key
fundraising transactions while completely owning financial information.
– Ensure that vendor and staff payments on behalf of the Firm are properly processed on a timely basis and captured in the relevant database established time frame and in accordance with the policy of the Firm.
– Balance Sheet Report
– Income Statement Report
– Cash Flow Report
– Monthly Tax Update Report
Qualification, Skills and Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance & Accounting; ACCA/ICPA certificate would be preferred
– 6-10 years of similar experience, preferably in a similar role Should be highly knowledgeable about International Accounting standards according to which Financial reports will be created
– Strong relationship with tax offices/officers (Federal and State)
– Should understand financial regulations across industries that can impact finance processes in focus country
– Logical mindset, capable of evaluating and handling transactions with a high degree of complexity
– Should have significant experience with integrated financial systems with a strong Excel skill set.
– Should possess good experience in tax management
– Should possess strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate both in the regional language of focus country as well as English